AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Library Location

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hanchris
1428 Views, 3 Replies

Default Library Location

We have specific requirements for size and spacing of our components; but for the most part our components are the same as the default libraries. I was hoping to just go in and modify the size. I am not really touching any of the other attributes, other then moving them in proportions to where they were. This includes the connection variable.

I checked the .Dat file and found there is no address, only the description and block name, so I assumed the location was determined by the first library directory found under Tools>>Options>>Support Files. I was wrong.

So isn't there a way you can modify existing block files, in the libraries and have the changes reflect in the default library? How does AutoCAD determine that location since it is not through the .Dat file or Support Files?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hanchris
in reply to: hanchris

I found the Help file that states by default the library is located in /Program Files/Autodesk/Acade {release#}/libs/jic125; but there is no library on my local drive.

There has to be a pointer somewhere in AutoCAD that I am not finding. Where else would the pointer be?

Thanks again.
Message 3 of 4
hanchris

Fixed it.

I got to remember to "purge" since I always assume when you grab a new component from the menu it is taken from the library; but it looks in the drawing first.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You can use the update block feature in the future and AcadE will replace
all old blocks with the new version.

wrote in message news:5800524@discussion.autodesk.com...
Fixed it.

I got to remember to "purge" since I always assume when you grab a new
component from the menu it is taken from the library; but it looks in the
drawing first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost