AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Layer Names

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sociallyautistic
306 Views, 2 Replies

Default Layer Names

A simple question, maybe:

I've been using ACE for awhile but part of a large corporate structure, everything is server-based. They've been around for a while, so everything was pretty well established.

Just moved to a new division of the same company. I'm the "standalone" guy for ACE right now, and it's the first time I've seen ACE in its raw form straight out of the box (2006).

My question is - How were the default layer names arrived at, what's the meaning behind some (most?) of the acronyms, and their intended purpose?

No biggie, as I will be changing many to suit my previous experience and some company structure, but I guess I was just wonderin'
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sociallyautistic

Hi

I guess these default layer names can be found in menu compiled source files. U can change as per your requirement. also these variables (layer names) can be found in WD_M block. you can redifne these layer names as u wish..
these layer names are derived from the attribute vaues such as Loc for Location , WireNo for Wire number, Multi_wire for Multiper wires etc.....

Hope this helps u

Best regards
sathya DOT nadig AT gmail DOT com
Message 3 of 3

I'd be very careful about renaming the existing (default) ACE layer names as various attributes and geometry items are placed on these layers when symbols are inserted. If you use ACE "out of the box" for these things, you minimize potential probems with each new release of ACE. As with standard AutoCAD, you can do a lot of things, but sometimes it is best not to.

You can add as many layers (as I have done) as you need for your own purposes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost