AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default_cat tables not complete

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MSIsupport
621 Views, 7 Replies

default_cat tables not complete

We just made the upgrade from 2010 to 2013.  After merging the default.cat database when  user goes into the sr or dr table the list of parts is not complete.  If we open the database in ACT the list is complete.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MSIsupport
in reply to: MSIsupport

Has anyone had this issue?

Message 3 of 8
TonyNixon

I am having the exact same problem.  When looking at the databse through AE I get the 1336 drives but that is all.  When I look at the database directlythe DR table it is packed with different drives.  can anyone help?

Message 4 of 8
s.wile

Press the “Clear Filters” button. Top left corner of the Catalog Lookup dialog. Maybe there is some text in one of the columns filtering out some of the items.

Also try unchecking the Filter by block name check box lower left corner.

Pretty basic but sometimes it’s the little things.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 8
TonyNixon

Thank you for the information however I have tried both of those remedy's multiple times with no luck. No matter what I do I cannot get my DR table to show me anything but 1336 drives. I do not seem to have any problems with any of the other tables in the default_cat database. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Message 6 of 8
s.wile
in reply to: TonyNixon

I guess as a last resort you could strip all other tables from the database and post the mdb file for us to review.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 7 of 8
TonyNixon
in reply to: s.wile

Once i installed AE 2014 the problem dissapeared.

Message 8 of 8
mathalekar

This is likely due to your schema not being correct. Migration utility will ignore the records in the table if the schema of the catalog database does not match. If you have clean default_CAT.mdb then refer the schema of the same or surf through the schema details. Attached is the brief schema details. Ignore last 2 columns fields if you are not operating on 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost