AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database problems after installation of service pack 1 ACADE2012...Help!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
CAD-ICE
316 Views, 9 Replies

Database problems after installation of service pack 1 ACADE2012...Help!

Hi all!

I did something yesterday I really regret doing which was installing the service pack 1 for autocad electrical 2012. I haven´t had any major issues with the software but decided to bring the software up to date by installing the service pack. Since the install I have constant problems that seem to relate to problems with the database. I have deleted the scratch database in my project and that helps in the beginning but after one update/retag things wont retag??

I´m running Windows XP 32 bit if that information is of any help.

Looking forward to receive some inputs on this issue...

Thank´s, Gary

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Do you get any error messages when trying to retag the second time?

What does AutoCAD Electrical say on the command line?

Are you sure that the tags aren't set to "fixed"?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Rhesusminus and thanks for helping out!

I dont see any abnormalities in the command line, I have however noticed that doing a project wide update or retag the tags are only updated if I check the %S value for update. My tagformat settings are set to %A%F%S%N

If I change my section value (%A) in the drawings properties the tags will not update accordingly unless I check the %S in the project wide update utility.

Thanks again, Gary

Message 4 of 10
rhesusminus

Just tried reproduce the problem in a demo project here without luck.

Could you mail me your project, so that I can try to recreate the problem?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 10
CAD-ICE

Hi again,

herewith the project...

For your information, I tried also to make a copy of the project to see if the problem existed also in the copied project which it also did. Again, thank´s for looking into this.

Regards, Gary

Message 6 of 10
rhesusminus

The project-wide retag did what it was supposed to, so I guess the problem is specific to your computer.

I'm running AcadE 2012 SP1 on Windows 7 x64. 

So, what's next.... Uninstall/Reinstall?

I wouldn't waste any more time on this until you've done a complete un/re-install.

Also... Include the SP1 before working with any projects.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 10
CAD-ICE

Hi Rhesusminus and thank´s for the advice.

What about REPAIR...? I have seen some posts that mention this as an option prior to unistall/install of the software. Are you familiar with this option and how it´s done?

If I have to uninstall/reinstall the software... will I have to make some pre-arrangements or backup of certain data before going ahead with this?  Do I use the windows, "Add or Remove Programs" to unistall Autocad 2012 or some other utility ?

Sorry for the bunch of questions and thank´s again for the support.

Regards, Gary

Message 8 of 10
rhesusminus

The repair option haven't done me good even once, as far as i can remember. So, to not waste too much time, an un-/re-install is the quickest solution. Backup? Yes! My Documents\AcadE 2012\* %APPDATA%\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2012\* and maybe even some more that I can't remember right now.... THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 10
CAD-ICE

Ok, but what about my question about uninstall and reinstall...is there a tool for this or do I use windows "add remove programs" to uninstall and then go ahead with a normal install of the software?

Thank´s

Gary

Message 10 of 10
rhesusminus

Sorry.

Yes, add remove programs.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost