AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database problem ACADE 2008

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mako68
214 Views, 5 Replies

Database problem ACADE 2008

Hello,

Default_cat:
I've inserted new products to existing tables (CB, LT...) .
I used the following method: Exported the table to MS Excel inserted the new products and imported it back to the Access. (I first deleted the same existing table from Access).
After opening the database via lookup -button the system will crash down when trying to open the record by pressing Edit -button (Edit existing record).
I noticed that the size of the default_cat increased considerably after my modifications. My MS Access version is 2002.

Is there something I've done wrong. What is the recommended method when inserting new manufacturers/components to DB?

Regards
mako
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sven_kloeck
in reply to: mako68

Which option did you choose? A linked Excel Table will cause this problem because the table is not in the database but only a reference to it. I have a dutch version of access so I don't know how it is called in english. You have to choose "Table Import" instead of "Table Link" or something like that. With this the table will actually be in the database. If you did do this, attach the database.
Your method is fine, it's 1 of several ways of doing this.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 6
mako68

Hi,

I used the menu command Get external data - Import and I selected the xls -file (for example MO for motors; see the attached file).
I can select the table in Electrical after inserted a component and selected Lookup in Edit component window but i'm not able to run the Edit existing record command - the system crashes (all the other functions are working normally).

Mako
Message 4 of 6
mako68

I managed to solve this problem by inserting new components to the existing tables (not updating whole component table). However, when pressing the "Edit existing record" button it shows information from other component...so it has not been updated..any solutions for this?

Mako
Message 5 of 6
sven_kloeck

I've made a word document explaining a bit how you can do it. My access is in dutch so I don't know how the menu are called, but they should be in the same places.
The reason I think this is it, is that I had the same problem. It might be you're already doing what I'm telling, so give some feedback on this.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 6 of 6
mako68

I used the same method...The problem is solved. I had some duplicate values in RECNUM column....

mako

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost