AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed PLC Boarder?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
liamharris
519 Views, 4 Replies

Dashed PLC Boarder?

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a PLC Boarder dashed, rather than just a box? 

Any help would be great! 

Thank you,

Liam

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TomTom111
in reply to: liamharris

Hello Liam,

If this is for the schematic, I'm not sure of a way to make it come in with a different line type for the border by default.

But once you have it in your drawing, you can go into block editor and edit the border line type that way.

Hope this helps!

Thomas Walls

CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC

www.cadmastertech.com

Message 3 of 5
liamharris
in reply to: TomTom111

Hi TomTom,

Thank you for your fast response

There is an option in the PLC Database File Editor which gives you the option to change the Line Properties of your PLC's, but unfortunately a lot of our PLC's have uniquely defined Boarder Dimensions (through the ace_plc database file). These PLC's having uniquely defined Boarder Dimension overrides anything that is input into the 'Style Box Dimension...' in the PLC Database File Editor, hence making the Line Properties dialogue box inactive.

The method of using the Block Editor option works, but is too long winded for my boss unfortunately.

I would be very grateful for any more help!

Thank you again,

Liam

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
liamharris

AHA! 

We have an answer:

In the ace_plc database file, where you can edit the dimensions of the Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Split Top, Split Bottom; all you have to do is add the text LTYPE DASHED in the cells after the defined value, making sure that the number has no decimal places (for example: Metric_Box_Top = 20 LTYPE DASHED). 

Thanks for your help on this :), and I hope this can help someone else who is stuck!

Liam

Message 5 of 5
JCard

Thanks for posting the solution to your question.

I would like to take this one step further....Can Polylines be used in this method?  If yes, what is the syntax for entry into the box for global width and any fillet radius you might want to include?

I have searched the web for this ability, but not found much on the subject.

Thanks for everyone's consideration and input

JCard
Electrical Designer
Logical Systems, LLC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost