AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer request

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
140 Views, 1 Reply

Customer request

I have a customer that is requesting a "special" way of numbering for the to-from signals.
He is requesting that the top number be the sheet number (01,02,03 etc) which should be easy.
But he wants the lower number to be only the last 2 digits of the rung number. A signal ref. to rung 172 will only report number 72. (see attachment)
Is this possible??

Thanks
Chad
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay Mackey
in reply to: Anonymous

That's the way I used to do it at my previous company in plain AutoCAD and in a competitor's application. We used hexes as a 'line ref symbol' with the sheet number above the line number. In AE, I think you can config to use the hex references, and then modify the particular symbols used to remove the hex if the hex is undesired. That should give you the configuration you are wanting, sheet number centered above line numbers.

- Jay

P.S. Duh... after looking at the sample drawing, I see you are wanting to use the hex references. When you create a signal reference, the dialog box will give you the option of selecting from several styles. One of the styles looks exactly like you have in your sample drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost