AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Wireway

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
MTaylorICC
3071 Views, 9 Replies

Custom Wireway

I'm currently working with adding some custom din rails and wireways with the wddinrl table and I have come across some wireways that have 3 holes. I need a way of representing this with the din rail tool. I've done some research and found that the nchole attribute is the one I need to change, however, there is no documentation on how to change that block so that the table will read it. I have tried a few variations of the standard block, but can't seem to find any success. Does anybody know of a way to create a 3 hole wireway?

Thank you,

Matt

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Icemanau
in reply to: MTaylorICC

NCHOLE is actually used to point ACADE to the block used to show the panel drill hole in the actual dwg. This block is added to the block created on the fly when ACADE builds it for the din rail or duct.

This excerpt is from the 2014 Help file and will give you some information.

Catalog specific worksheet

In addition to the DIN_RAIL worksheet, you can define a worksheet specific to a particular din rail type to define mounting hole/bracket placement. The worksheet name must match the CAT value for the din rail on the DIN_RAIL worksheet.

The specific CAT worksheet has a SLOTQTY column and as many ORG_LIST columns as necessary to define the hole/mounting bracket placement.

SLOTQTY - Start at 1 and go to the maximum number of slots per din rail piece. The maximum number equals the number of slots if the din rail is at its maximum length.

ORG_LIST - Define the slots to place the holes.

Open your WDDINRAIL file and look at the worksheets at the bottom. For each Duct/Rail entry that has slots, there will be a corresponding worksheet with a name matching the CAT entry.

The section below is from a worksheet that I set up for an entry I added to my WDDINRAIL file.

ACADE checks the number of slots in the duct, and at the appropriate points inserts the block specified in NCHOLE.

Looking at the first entry that has three mounting points (in orange), the first number (SLOTQTY) provides the total number of slots (13) in that particular length. The next three numbers are the slot numbers that get the NCHOLE block added to them. In this case slots number 2, 7 & 12.

What this does is if a length of this duct has 13 slots, ACADE will place a drill point block in the second, seventh and twelfth slots.

Same for the other entries, if the number of slots match, then the drill points will be in the indicated slots.

SLOTQTY ORG_LIST ORG_LIST ORG_LIST
1 1 2  
2 1 2  
3 1 3  
4 1 4  
5 1 5  
6 1 6  
7 2 6  
8 2 7  
9 2 8  
10 2 9  
11 2 10  
12 2 11  
13 2 7 12
14 2 7 13
15 2 8 14
16 2 8 15
17 2 9 16
18 2 9 17
19 2 10

20 2 10

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
MTaylorICC
in reply to: Icemanau

That was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!. I was able to get that all suqare away, my only issue is that when I draw a wireway that is longer than the maximum length, the ncholes only show up on the last chunk drawn. Would I just need to add the slot_qtys at that point?

Message 4 of 10
Icemanau

Yes, just add as many ORG_LIST columns as you need for the lengths that you require.

Make sure to match the number of mounting slots with the maximum length of duct that you purchase.

For example, we get our duct in 2m lengths with about 38 mounting slots on that length with a 50mm spacing.

For a duct legth over 2m, ACADE will look at the WDDINRAIL file and adjust two sections of duct so that at least the minimum number of mounting holes is used on the shorter section.

Regards Brad

>

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
mikegoutier
in reply to: Icemanau

I am working on something that I feel is similar to this but what I have is wire way (Panduit F2X3WH6) that has 3 hole per row. Is there a way to get the panduit to show all 3 factory holes in each row?

I have figured out how to get the drill holes shown appropriatly using a custom NCHOLE file. 

Attached is where I am right now

Message 6 of 10
Icemanau
in reply to: mikegoutier

As far as I'm aware, ACADE can't do more than 1 hole in each position.

Checking the website for the part you mentioned showed duct with 3 slots in each position.

The only way that I can think of to get the result you want would end up with a duct looking similar to the dwg you already attached.

The attached file is from the manufacturer so that others can see what the duct actually looks like. the LG is for Light Grey rather than WH for White.

Hopefully someone will know more about how to get ACADE to show 3 rows of slots and more than one hole in each position.

Regards Brad

>

EESignature

Message 7 of 10

sharing the general location of the wddinrl.xls file would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 8 of 10
vladop
in reply to: daniel.poeGG2QF

Something like this:

"C:\Users\{User Name}\Documents\Acade 20xx\AeData\en-US\Catalogs\wddinrl.xls"

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 9 of 10
dshood

Try these wireway blocks we made that can be stretched to length. Insert them into your drawing and they are like magic because they are dynamic and grow in length when stretched from the arrow on the right side.

Message 10 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: dshood

These as really nice, but they are also dynamic blocks. And, they will create problems for AcadE 😞

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost