AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Symbol LIbrary Default File Path

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
frugal
3381 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Symbol LIbrary Default File Path

Hi,

This has been driving me crazy for two weeks.

I have setup a networked folder where I store my custom symbol library and I wish all new symbols to be saved there by default.

In the Block Editor dialog box in the image below, how do I set the default file path for the block save location?

The Icon image file path works correctly, but not the block file path.

Everytime I want to modify the symbol I have to navigate to the network folder - at least 35 seconds a shot.

Many thanks,

Fru 

block_editor_problem.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: frugal

HI.

First, make sure tha path to your custom symbol libray is listed on top in the project properties:

2015-01-09_11-50-06.png

Then, make sure there is at least  on attribute template in that folder. The attribute templates are named AT_*.DWG. You can copy them from one of the default symbol libraries that comes with AutOCAD Electrical. You should also copy BB*.DWG from that folder as well. Those are the wire connections.

2015-01-09_11-55-11.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
frugal
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you - that does indeed resolve the issue.

Once again, I am pleasantly surprised by the easy, elegant and intuitive nature of the solution.

All I can say is that if it weren't for this forum: abandon faith all ye who enter here.

Regards,

Fru

Thou shalt not rant.

Message 4 of 6
jfhaas

Your solution says to enter the file path of of my files into the Schematic Libraries submenu under the main heading Library & Icon Menu Paths.  When I look in the Files tab of the Main Options menu that heading and submenu do not show up.  I am on Autocad Electrical 2021.  Any other ideas to fix this problem?

Message 5 of 6
acad4BWUTW
in reply to: jfhaas

Ciao

are you sure you have entered inthe Project Properties?
command ACEPROJECTPROPS
Message 6 of 6
thomas.alton

Hi, thank you for this, I found this very helpful as I was having the same trouble as frugal. However is there a way to set this for all projects at once? Or will I need to manually change this for each project? (old and new).

Also, unlike frugal my Icon image file path does not work correctly, is there way to change this deafult file path too please?

Many Thanks,
Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost