AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom signal arrows

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
afh_98
353 Views, 2 Replies

Custom signal arrows

Can anyone tell me how to include a drawing name with custom source/destination arrows? It would likely have to go into the "description" field - perhaps some sort of DIESEL statement. I'd like to avoid manually tracking it (obvious mistakes when dwgs shift) and our "standards" always include a drawing and line # cross-reference. I'm just not sure how to track (or identify) the source/destination (child/parent?) drawing name.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: afh_98

In the drawing properties, go to the Cross-References tab. In the format boxes add the %S variable to the settings.

This should add the correct information to the source/destination arrow. It will also add the information to all your cross references so it may not be what you are after.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: afh_98

Hi.

You will not be able to get the drawing FILENAME into the cross-reference, but you can get the drawing NUMBER (specified in the drawing properties) in there.

Just add %D (it's a replaceable parameter that will be swapped with the drawing number of the document thats cross-referenced) into the "Cross-reference Format -> Between Drawings" text box for all drawings/entire project.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost