AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Report

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tee.Dee
366 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Report

Hey guys,

I need to export (to Excel) the Tag names of all the relay coils in my project and the page number that each coil is on.

Can anybody give me a tip on how to do this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Tee.Dee

I don't think there is a way to just get the coils in a report. I think you would have to run a Component report, make sure the file name or sheet number are visible fields (depending on what you mean by page number) and then save it to an excel file. Then in Excel manually remove anything not a coil. May be some easy way to do this in Excel based on the tag names depending on your standards.

It might be possible to filter the Component report with a user post lisp function but you would need some way to identify the block as a coil from one of the available report fields.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Tee.Dee

Thanks Pat,

Thats pretty much what I ended up doing.  600 relays I thought it would take forever to do but it wasnt to bad.

Message 4 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk

If it is something that you have to do frequently I would consider trying to create a user post lisp function to do it for you. I could help out if you wanted to try this. You just need a way to identify the relays in the report data, such as a common tag family code.

Regards,

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Tee.Dee

Thanks for the offer Pat,

I don't think it is something I will have to do to often as it was a fairly unique set of circumstances that made it necessary in the first place but I will keep you in mind If I ever have this sort of thing come up again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost