AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Ratings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MTaylorICC
728 Views, 7 Replies

Custom Ratings

Is there a way to change the ratings in the catalog lookup so that Rating1 will read as voltage and Rating2 will read as current? I know how to change the ratings themselves but I'm wondering if there's a way to change what they say similar to the titleblock.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
OP21
in reply to: MTaylorICC

You can add Rating values to the Catalog entry, just amke sure that your block attributes has the ratings set as visible so when you assign the catalog data upon insert the ratings will be populated....

Hope this helps..If it did please Accept as Solution and Kudos are always appreciated!

CatalogRatings.jpg

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 8
MTaylorICC
in reply to: OP21

rating.png

What I would really like to do is change where it says the Rating. For example, say this component uses 72 Amps, instead of saying "Rating 3", it would just say Amps, so the dialog box could just be a number and the rating would still make sense.

Message 4 of 8
OP21

In this case, you would be renaming the column heading in the database.  Depending on the table used you may create a conflict for other components...  As a test , open the default.cat select the appropriate component table and rename the column Rating2 to Amps... check if creates any errors... if it does, rename it back.  I've done similar changes to the USERx columns for specific catalog entry which shows up in the dialog box.

Hope this helps..If it did please Accept as Solution and Kudos are always appreciated!

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 5 of 8
MTaylorICC
in reply to: OP21

All my ratings are stored under the Textvalue column in the database,

Message 6 of 8
rhesusminus

If you open the symbol in symbol editor, and double-click on the RATING-attributes you are presented with 3 values for an attribute.

The TAG, a Prompt and a default value.

If you put something in the prompt-field, this will be shown in the "ratings-dialog", like this:

Capture.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 8
MTaylorICC
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.
Message 8 of 8
drathak
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

If you open the symbol in symbol editor, and double-click on the RATING-attributes you are presented with 3 values for an attribute.

The TAG, a Prompt and a default value.

If you put something in the prompt-field, this will be shown in the "ratings-dialog", like this:

Capture.png

THAT is a handy tip.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost