AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom identification number on every drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
345 Views, 3 Replies

Custom identification number on every drawings

My company hs been asked by a custromer to place a custom identification number on each drawing. There are >500 drawings so i would like to add it to the titleblock and automate it. The custom identification number is off the following form : xxx###-x where x is a number that is fixed and # are is a value. The next sheet will be incremented by 1 and so on.

ex

458329-0 the next sheet is then 458330-0 ...

Does anyone have a recomendation on how i can accomplish this via titleblock update

Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sonny3g
in reply to: Anonymous

If they are not using sht, then I would setup the attribute so it was xxxsht-x.  Then you can do a project wide title block update with resequence all sheet numbers starting at 001 through 500.  That will not change the file name, just the attribute in the drawing.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sonny3g

That's what I was originally thinking but sheet is used. I can't think of anyone around changing each one by hand

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think I have thought of a solution although it may not be the best. I think I can use description 3 on each drawing. Then I can export to spreadsheet and increment each one via the spreadsheet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost