AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom cable marker not cooperating with Terminal Strip Editor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
SteveEE
463 Views, 6 Replies

Custom cable marker not cooperating with Terminal Strip Editor

I created a custom cable marker based off of the existing default cable marker block. Unfortunately, whenever I use the custom block, the terminal strip editor sees the cable marker as a device instead of a cable. Now all of the terminal blocks generated by the editor are incorrect. Is there any solution to this? I can get by with the default cable marker block but the hassle of going and changing the text attributes to match our standards is a considerable pain. Thanks!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drathak
in reply to: SteveEE

Post a sample of your custom cable marker symbols.  What exactly did you change?  Did you add anything?  Did you follow the block naming conventions for cable markers?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 7
SteveEE
in reply to: drathak

All I did in this case was change the text style and size.

Message 4 of 7
drathak

Did you give them a different name?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 5 of 7
SteveEE

What do you mean by a different name? The block name is HW_01 or HW_02.

When I was using the symbol builder to create the cable marker block there was no "cable" option so I had to choose "generic". The default name given to the block was HDV1_001, which I changed to HW_01 before saving.

Message 6 of 7
drathak

I didn't see your attachments the first time.  The underscore is what is causing your problem.  Cable markers should be HW01 & HW02 rather than HW_01 & HW_02.

Have a look at this for help on naming conventions. Cable markers happen to be the first thing covered.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0266-Symbol_L266/0269-Library_269/0270...

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 7 of 7
SteveEE

Ah ha!

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost