AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom block wire number question

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jfrock
501 Views, 6 Replies

Custom block wire number question

I created a custom schematic block to show the wiring of a 12mm spiltter to use with a remote I/O block but am having problems when using adding wire numbers. The wire numbers will not flow thru the block unless I explode the block. Did I miss something in the block creation that is doing this?

thanks

Jason

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: jfrock

You have to change the X?TERM## numbers to match. The numbers to match would be the ##, not the ?.

As you can see in the JPG, after I changed the numbers to match, the wire number (aqua) fed through to the copies (dark green).

I've also attached the updated block so you can see what changes I have made to it.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
controlsgirl
in reply to: Icemanau

I tried this with a symbol but ACE 2012 is still changing the wire number. Is this a glitch in 2012?

Message 4 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: controlsgirl

Did you use an old version of the block in that dwg before you tried the updated version?

If so, you need to either use the SWAP/UPDATE tool to update the existing blocks or purge the blocks to remove the saved reference.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
controlsgirl
in reply to: jfrock

Unfortunately I did update it 😞
Message 6 of 7
jseefdrumr
in reply to: controlsgirl

I've had a couple of instances where SWAP/UPDATE didn't actually update properly. Can you delete the block, use PURGE on its definition, and then try again? If that doesn't work, can you post a copy of the block?

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 7 of 7
controlsgirl
in reply to: jseefdrumr

It worked because I opened up the block editor and looked at the component and it had the changes that I made. I am using ACE 2012 and it has been giving me problems with number changes. For example, it will change the wire number if a component does not have an underscore for the 4th character of its name. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost