AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom balloons ...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TRLitsey
475 Views, 3 Replies

Custom balloons ...

Hi there,

With ballooned panel drawings has anyone tried to customize the appearance and format?  In the same drawing I would like to use two balloon formats.  One would be the standard round balloon with the BOM item number in the center.  The other format would have a horizontal line from the left to the right side of the balloon.  The BOM item number would be above the line and the quantity would be below the line.  In my dreams the BOM number in both balloon formats would be handled by the ACE auto numbering and the quantities would be an attribute manually entered.  Am I dreaming to big or has anyone else attempted this?

The attached drawing has the appearance I am after.

Thank you

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TRLitsey

I think whatever you are dreaming is not possible now;Because assigning balloon to specific component is only to display its item no.(which is unique for that particular catalog data). And one more reason we can not display quantity along with item no as you said ;is quantity is generated after calculating total components in panel and there is no single attribute like "quantity" is assigned for component as "item no."

Message 3 of 4
SeedyNotions
in reply to: TRLitsey

Has anyone figured this out yet? It'd be nice to have this instead of telling my boss it's impossible.

Message 4 of 4
TRLitsey
in reply to: SeedyNotions

Hi there,

To the best of my knowledge, no, it just will not work automatically.  The only thing I have found to do is add a attribute to the balloon itself and manually insert a value.  That just ties the value display position to the balloon so if I move the balloon the value moves with it.  That does nothing when extracting a BOM or generating any other report but it does give the assembly folks a display for quick reference.  I am still running on ACE 2017, could be there are new options in newer revisions. 

Good luck

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost