AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom attributes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
301 Views, 3 Replies

Custom attributes

Hi,

Can someone please advise how to remove custom attributes from a block. I have added the same attribute twice.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If this block only exists in your drawing (not in a library) you could use the command BEDIT - Block edit. Edit then Save changes.

If it's a library iitem best to edit the library item then menu>Components>Component Miscellaneous>Swap/Update Block

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have added the custom attributes to the components individaully, so dont think this will work. When I try the bedit command I can only view the ACADE standard attributes. I cant see the custom attributes. I would have thought that there would have been a delete attribute command. There are different commands to rename, edit, move etc attributes. However no delete attribute command. Please advise.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I see. By adding this extra attribute this block is now different from other blocks of the same name in the drawing! Although I am suprised that it still has the same block name. When you used BEDIT were you trying to edit the correct block?

If you highlight the block and look at the Properties what is its name?

If all else fails why not just delete this block and re-insert it?

If this is the only block of this type in the drawing don't forget to purge it before re-inserting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost