AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-References Between Drawings - Sheet Number returning ??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1019 Views, 3 Replies

Cross-References Between Drawings - Sheet Number returning ??

Hi,

I have setup a project with a couple of drawings with the aim of testing component cross-referencing between sheets of a project.

When I add a contact for a relay on a different sheet, the %S comes back as ??.

My sheet is setup to use X-Y grid, so I effectively get ??.C-3. The C-3 seems correct as this is the correctly placement of the relay on the other page.

Can someone help me with understanding why the sheet is not resolving?

I have attached the project and the drawings. I am using AE2011.

Thanks,

Nic.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

The %S is looking for the Sheet Value in the DWG Properties. If this is blank then you get the ??.

Open the DWG properties and down the bottom of the dialog box you have four entry fields.

Tthe two on the left are the Sheet and Drawing number fields.

The two on the right are the Section and Sub-Section. These two are only used in the Project Manager Display as far as I can tell.

Fill in the Sheet value and then try adding a child component to a parent on another sheet.

Dwg Properties - Sheet-Dwg.JPG

Of course, you could always use the %D to insert the DWG number rather than the sheet number.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tested your solution and it works.

My original assumption was the %S will get populated from my Titleblock SHEET attribute. I must not have full understand the instructions at Step 5 (http://www.ecadconsultant.com/tips.html#Template).

Cheers,

Nic.

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

The instructions are for setting up a template dwg and are fine.

You just need to remember to fill in the various settings in the dwg properties and the descriptions dialog to have the data to pass to the title block. If there is nothing there, then the data can't be passed to the title block when doing a title block update.

NOTE - To fill in the descriptions you right click on the project name in the project manager. Select Descriptions from the list and fill in the values as needed.

Same with doing a title block update. Right click on the project name in the project manager and select title block update.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost