AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Reference Source / Destination Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bertsticles
1859 Views, 7 Replies

Cross Reference Source / Destination Problem

Hi Guys,

I'm currently having a problem with the source / destination cross reference symbols (see image attached)

The Sheet number in the cross reference symbol (2080) always returns the %S - Sheet value. I actually need it to show the %D value and not %S.

In the drawing properties - under cross-references i have written %D, yet %S still keeps being used int he reference symbol.

I tried using symbol editor to change the "SHEET" attribute to the %D attribute - but that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a major problem on our project at the moment.

Thanks for your help

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lionSG
in reply to: bertsticles

Hi,

Did you check that the drawing properties are the same for all the sheets?

Try to do a project update on the signal tag/retag to see if it works.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
bertsticles
in reply to: lionSG

Hi, i've checked that the drawing and project properties all match.

I changed the %D%N to only %N, updated the source cross reference symbol, and it still displayed the %S sheet number.

This means that the cross-references in the drawing properties aren't linked to the Source cross reference symbol?

Message 4 of 8
lionSG

Maybe, you can double check that the destination from arrow is correctly reference to the source arrow.

Or you can use the IEC sample project in ACE, and try editing the sample source arrow and cross references format to see if the same issue happened too?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
jared.bunch
in reply to: lionSG

Hi lionSG

I believe that the arrow style that you are using actually uses the sheet number automatically.  You may want to try copying those blocks and modifying them to create a new style (#5-#9 are open for user custom styles) to meet your exact needs.  Here are a couple of links to some further information in the help that may be of further assistance:

Add custom signal arrow styles

Look for the heading "Source/Destination Wire Signal Arrow Symbols"

Hopefully this information will be useful!

Jared Bunch
Principal Experience Designer
Message 6 of 8
bertsticles
in reply to: jared.bunch

Hi Jared,

i've created a custom source cross reference symbol by copying HA3S and renaming it to HA5S.

My next question is, how to i get the attribute "SHEET" to show my %D value which i have assigned to the attribute 'REF-NO' in my title block?

I renamed the attribute "SHEET" in the cross reference symbol to "REF-NO" but it doesn't  update it with the %D value.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
jbunch55

I imagine this issue has been resolved since its been quite a few months.

But if not, and I understand you right I believe you are looking for the  "DWGNAM" attribute.

Im not an experienced ACADE user but I hot think it matters what you rename the attribute in the WD_TB you still have to use the original name. For instance I've assigned 'SHEET" to "D_SHT" but I still have to use the SHEET attribute name.

I have a question of my own regarding signal arrows

. Whats the difference between HA2XX and HA3XX attribute wise? They both have sheet numbers  but HA2 only uses XREF and HA2xx has to use SHEET. Even if you delete the SHEET attribute on HA3 and just use XREF  it wont have the SHEET value like HA2 does.

Any idea why this is? Im not just curious, its been a problem for me.

Thanks

James

Message 8 of 8
jbunch55
in reply to: jbunch55

Ok, so forget my question above.

I just spent some time with it and found out why it wasnt working.

I was using the Swap and Update tool to purge and get latest signal arrow and i hadnt checked Update Attributes. Needless to say it wasnt updating the XREF, but just deleting SHEET...

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost