AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new panel footprint

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
labjac
947 Views, 2 Replies

Creating new panel footprint

Hallo

I'm searching throught the answer so far but seems like I'm missing something.

I manage to create new schematic symbols no problem and can add this to the Icon menu all makes sense.

But creating a panel footprint seems to be another story.

I want to create a new manufacturer with it's own set of part, but these parts should trigger either one of the existing sub menu's in the panel menu bar.

Below is how I going about try to create a new part, please point me in the correct direction. (Maybe to much details but I'm lost....)

InsideSymbolBuilder.pngSymbolBuilder.png

AddFootprint.png

CreateMenuTirgger.pngAddFootprint.png

SymbolFootprintLookup.png

MenuBar.png

CatalogLookuppng.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: labjac

I can see your confusion here.

First of all, the Catalog Browser do not support footprints, for now 😞

So, you're stuck with the footprint_lookup database.

The footprint block name really should be JUST the footprint block name, FP_0GW92165.dwg in your case. A little tip, is to put the footprint in a subfolder of the panel symbol library path, and then put that sub-folder path in the block name, like GEWISS\FP_0GW92165.dwg. This makes it easier to organize a large collection of footprints :

2014-12-29_13-15-51.png

2014-12-29_13-34-42.png

To make the correct path appear in the symbol builder drop-down, you must add some attribute templates to the folder where you keep your panel footprints. Just copy the ones that resides in your "normal" symbol library:

2014-12-29_13-31-06.png

If you want to insert the footprints manually, you can also add them to the panel icon menu "as usual":

2014-12-29_13-37-45.png

2014-12-29_13-39-57.png

Not sure if this answers all your questions, but keep the questions coming 🙂

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
labjac
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hallo

YEs thanks a lot... I manage to get it as you suggested, I added a folder in the panel library and created a subfolder for Gewiss and another subfolder with CB-Circuit Breakers same as the other in the folder. manage to link it now and figured out how to use the * and ?? so for now I create the schematic and with the panel layout I use the schematic items and it misteriously find the correct panel footprint. as for browsing the catalog I still can't get it to show the catalog field. but If I understand you correctly this is not yet supported.

For now I'm good thank you, it works more or less for my application...

I still got some question, just need to compile the pictures again then I will post the question,

Thanks again for you help, hope you had a good Christmas.

Regards.,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost