AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating catalogue refs for selector switches and push buttons

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JohnnyTheAnt
269 Views, 1 Reply

Creating catalogue refs for selector switches and push buttons

Hi one and all,

I am currently cataloging up GE selector switches and know that they will go into the "SS" table of the catalog data base; however do i create the auxiliary contacts for these switches in the same table?

The reason i ask is that i also have to catalog up GE push buttons which will go into the "PB" table obviously and i also need auxiliary contacts cataloging for these also; the auxiliary contacts are the exact same part number for both selector switches and push buttons and this is my problem; which table do i catalog these items into or do i catalog them twice creating a reference in both tables.

kind regards

Johnny Battiste
Kind regards,
Johnny Battiste
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Johnny you can select a component from a different table than the default table that is opened when you click Lookup. The Lookup command just defaults to the table whose name matches the 2nd and 3rd character of a symbol's file name. But once you click Lookup you can reference a different table, if desired, by clicking the button labeled "Other reference another table".

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost