AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Balloon on a panel drawing for items without attributes.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TCWestern
330 Views, 1 Reply

Creating Balloon on a panel drawing for items without attributes.

I have a drawing of a component that I imported from the manufacturer. It is not set up for AutoCAD Electrical (i.e. no attributes such as item number). Is it possible to create a Balloon and Leader for this component?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: TCWestern

You must at least have attributes P_TAG1, MFG, CAT, and P_ITEM. Then you can assign an item number and add a balloon.

Hint: Enter the part number for this device into the Footprint Lookup database. Map it to your footprint. Insert the footprint from the schematic list and AutoCAD Electrical will automatically push the data from the schematic symbol into the footprint. It automatically adds necessary attributes for visible data and will add the rest as xdata. It functions that way out of the box for the built-in footprint blocks.

I recommend using the Symbol Builder utility and add the necessary attributes to all footprints.  This way you control default location and visibility state of the attributes.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost