AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create symbol type

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
slawek.wol13
488 Views, 5 Replies

create symbol type

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a new symbol type. The idea is to create a custom symbol type and menu when insterting this custom symbol. For example when you insert a Push button into a drawing you have a menu popup asking you for information like component tag, catalog data, ratings, descriptions, cross-reference, installation code location code pins and so on. i would like my own menu for my own symbol. is this possible and if so how do i go about creating it.

thanks

Slawek

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: slawek.wol13

Easiest way would be to edit the Icon Menu to include a section for all your custom blocks as required.

Once you have the Icon menu setup to call your blocks, it will invoke the Block Edit dialog as you attached.

You don't have to create anything like the dialog box as it is done automatically.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
slawek.wol13
in reply to: Icemanau

I don't want it to be as shown. I want it to be custom. That's the point, I want to know how to create it.

Regards,

Slawek
Message 4 of 6
testsubject

I do not have an answer. I just wanted to help clarify what you are asking for.

Based on the image and the text, I think you are asking for a custom dialog box. I do not think that that  is possible. The vast majority of symbols use the same Dialog box. Off the top of my head I think that there are only three. (Basic Symbols, PLCs, and terminals)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 6
drathak

@slawek.wol13 wrote:
I don't want it to be as shown. I want it to be custom. That's the point, I want to know how to create it.

Regards,

Slawek

Then I guess the question is "Why?"  What need do you have for this particular dialog (edit component) to be customized?  Are you planning on customizing more and more of the program to fit his "new" symbol type?

Maybe if you can explain a little better what this new type is and what your needs for it are, we can help you better.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus

It IS possible to create symbols, that when inserted, display a custom dialog box.

You can do this using LISP/DCL, VBA or your flavour of .NET.

So, do you know how to program? 

Get started HERE

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost