AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATE PLC COMPONENT

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sniktun
679 Views, 3 Replies

CREATE PLC COMPONENT

Hey guy's,

I am trying to modify the 1st point wire components in block editor so that the descriptions and tags are where i want them. However when i go to save the block it won't save it as a PLC, and then when i insert the component it doesn't even reckognise it as a child. I never had this problem modifying every other component in autocad.

Even if i don't modify the component at all and just save it as a new block, for some reson autocad doesn't recognise it as a PLC component and just has it saved as a generic component. I have attached an image of the two dialogue boxes i am talking about.

Any ideas what i can do?

thanks. regards,

James

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dag_Henrik
in reply to: sniktun

Hey

What naming convention do you use?

To trigger the "Edit PLC- I/O"- window you need to save the component as PLCIO followed by a name of your choice...

Message 3 of 4
electricman1
in reply to: sniktun

PLC block names need to start with:

PLCIO_

Message 4 of 4
sniktun
in reply to: electricman1

Thank you that did it. strange because usually you can have the 'unique identifier' as whatever you want, for the PLC autocad componants only 'PLCI' is in the required fields. the O_ for some reason was coming up as the unique identifier.

Anyway yet again a simple solution to my problems. thanks mate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost