AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Page Setup to Multiple Drawings - It Can Be Done!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
drathak
892 Views, 0 Replies

Copying Page Setup to Multiple Drawings - It Can Be Done!

This is one of those cases where I solved my own problem before I asked the question, but I thought I'd put this out there for anyone else trying to do the same thing.

I needed to get a named Page Setup into all of the drawings in my project so that when I used the Publish->Plot Project command they all would have a common named setup that plotted them like I wanted.  (And eventually I want to have a couple different set ups.  Full size, half size, 11x17, etc.)

So off I went and spent the morning trying to find a way to do that.  Export to spreadsheet didn't help as that isn't one of the settings that gets exported.  So I looked at the scratch database, and it may be in there, but I coouldn't find any reference and you can cen deeply lost in that thing.  <shudder>

Remembered the old Design Center and found my way to the new Content Explorer and thought I was golden until I discovered that it doesn't give acess to the named page setups either. (Pretty much everything else though.)

I don't mind telling you that I was getting a bit down at the prospect of adding these page setups to each of 50+ drawings by hand.  Then it hit me.  All of these drawings use one of three title blocks, with most of them using one.  So I went to these three title blocks and added the proper page set up and named it. This has the benefit of all future drawings created with these title blocks already having the proper and properly named page setup, but it allowed my next step.

Enter the Swap/Update Block command!  The title blocks are blocks so why not?  Sure enough, with the "Update a Block(substitue new version of same block name)" option I was able to update the title block and by using the "Project" option I was able to choose the right drawings to be updated with the right title block.  In just a few minutes I had them all updated and ready to batch plot.

I am a happy boy this Friday!  (It really is the little things...)

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost