AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying of multi pole breakers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
psrajesh4u
436 Views, 5 Replies

Copying of multi pole breakers

Hi,

When copying a three pole bereaker only one pole is copied or try to move the breaker only one pole is moved. Is there is any way to select the same as a single component and move or copy the same?

If you have any solution please reply.

regards,

Rajesh

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bholle
in reply to: psrajesh4u

Have you tried copy circuit?

Message 3 of 6
psrajesh4u

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When copying a circuit it will work, but most of the time the circuit (including wire connections) is not needed hence it is difficult for me.  Is any other way like copying of a single pole breaker?.

Regards,

Rajesh

Message 4 of 6
Icemanau

Your problem stems from the fact that the multi pole devices are built up by ACADE from two different block types. There is the parent block which is the one you initially insert and then the other poles are created using child blocks tied to the parent block.

Block copy is doing what it's designed for in copying the block you select and is only designed to copy the one block.

You may find it quicker to just insert a new 3 pole device from the insert menu.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 5 of 6
bholle
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks Brad,

I was trying to think of a way to say this.

Message 6 of 6
psrajesh4u

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

If I am inserting every time a new breaker, i have to assign every time the catalog information to that breaker. But Iam able to copy a Single pole breaker including the catalog information. It is so simple, but in case of a three pole beraker it needs few more clicks to add catalog information. So I have created new symbols for two, three & four pole breakers hence it looks as a single component.

Regards,

Rajesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost