AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of component with out it adding to parent

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
a_ledson
482 Views, 1 Reply

Copy of component with out it adding to parent

Hi, I would like to display a secondary NO switch contact to a NC pushbutton this pushbutton would be an assembly of a NO and NC contact. I would like to display the NO contact on another page but when I do so the parent NC pushbutton symbol xref displays both NO contacts which isnt what I want, all I want is to symbolicly show there is a NO contact within the Pushbutton assembly. So is there a way to insert a ghost component?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: a_ledson

The "ghost contact" has an attribute called CONTACT. Give this attribute the value "NULL", and it won't appear in the xref text.

However... You willl get an error in the Electrical Audit dialog, saying that pins 3 and 4 are duplicated.

If you use the "link components with dashed line" function, you will have to turn on the xref again as it will disappear, using the AEHIDEXREF command.

Capture.PNG

However... If you just want the graphics, just insert the contact, apply pin numbers, and then use the Special Explode on it (ou can find this command on the "Conversion Tools"-tab in the ribbon.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost