AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Copy drawing in the same project and sheet number

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
stefan.stamate
354 Views, 1 Reply

Copy drawing in the same project and sheet number

I wish that the developers at Autodesk will consider having the option to renumber the new drawing (Sheet number in Drawing Properties) when copying it inside the same project. A retag all and wire numbering on that drawing would help a lot making it a smooth option when re-using drawings inside the same project. Not sure why the option was provided if it could cause so much harm to the database especially for somebody new to Autocad. I have used in the past Insert WBlocked Circuit but it is a bit awkward sometimes to do it for all the drawings you need to copy. I really don't see why is possible to do it using Insert WBlocked Circuit but not when Copying a Drawings.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

In the title block update dialog you have to option to resequence the sheet number assignments.  This has no affect on filenames, since filenames are controlled by the user and could be in any form.  But you can move up and move down o reorder drawings in a project and then run the title block update and choose the option to resequence the sheet number (%S) values.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost