AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy circuit - increment base terminal number

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wolfsburged
268 Views, 1 Reply

Copy circuit - increment base terminal number

I have a saved circuit comprised of three associated terminals that represent a single, three-level terminal. 1A is the top, 1B is the middle, 1C is the bottom. I like to draw a representation of the actual block (in this case it is a fused Phoenix Contact terminal). All of the associations are set up already for the levels.

I have saved this circuit to the Icon Menu and use the Insert Saved Circuit to drop this around my drawings. (Side note, I do this because I couldn't figure out how to make this a regular symbol and retain the terminal functions. Maybe if I could do that it would help?)

Now when I start a new sheet where I need to use the block (often a IO card edge drawing), I will place the first instance, set up the terminal strip I want to use, and then duplicate it using the regular Copy Circuit function.

When I copy the circuit I tell it to increase terminal numbers.

After the new copy is done, the letters have increased only. So the new block will be 1D, 1E, 1F rather than 2A, 2B, 2C as I wanted.

Is there anyway to fix this? Otherwise I have to export to spreadsheet and manually fix all of these.

See attachment with pictures.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wolfsburged
in reply to: wolfsburged

I can export to spreadsheet, modify all the terminals, and re-import, but that is an extra step to take. Is there any more direct way to get it increment the number automatically based on the number rather than letter?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost