AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert cable schedule in table format from DWG to Excel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chax
1961 Views, 3 Replies

Convert cable schedule in table format from DWG to Excel

Hello,

I have a DWG file with a cable schedule in table format.  I need to pull all of the data from this table into Excel in the same table format so that I can manipulate it.  I converted the DWG to DXF then imported it into Excel but the result was one column with thousands of rows of data.  With VBA I could convert the data back into table format if I understood how the data is laid out in the DXF, but there may be a better way.

So, my questions are:

1) Is there a better way to convert this data into a table in Excel?

2) If not, can someone help me better understand the DXF file so that I can manipulate it in Excel with VBA?  An example works best.

Best Regards,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
apurva_123
in reply to: chax

If you are using automatic report generation to tabulate Cable data ,then you can select format of file as .xls so that it will automatically generate table in dwg as well as it will create linked excel file.This is one method which I know.

Select Report->Report format file set-up->save report to file OR  see inserted image.

Untitled.png  

Message 3 of 4
vladop
in reply to: chax

Message 4 of 4
chax
in reply to: vladop

In the end all I had to do was save the schedule as a DXF file and then import it into Excel.

From there I was able to use a little bit of code to pull out the text and drop it into the correct row/collumn in Excel.

Thank you for all of the replies.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost