AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controversial Question Scratch Database

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ccad2509
436 Views, 3 Replies

Controversial Question Scratch Database

is it me

But a lot of answers to problems involving issues with Acade is deleting and rebuilding the scratch database as it appears to go out of sync with the drawings

which sorta implies there is something wrong with how acade talks to the database

so simple question why hasnt this been adressed ?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: ccad2509

Well, often the problem is that the users do stuff "the wrong way".

If you copy things using CTRL+C/CTRL+V, the scratch database won't get those changes.

If you add together all the "wrong ways stuff are done", you soon will have to rebuild/delete the scratch database.

So do it right, and you wont have to do this as much 😉

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: rhesusminus

i can understand what your saying that just raises even more disturbing questions

if as you point out this is the main issue then why hasnt it been adressed

either disable this function in electrical or better when using this function have an anoying banner pop up telling you this will affect the scratch database

i know its difficult to tell an experianced auotcad user that when using ACADE you shoudnt use this function but it must be made very clear why this shouldnt be done

im still very suspiocious of the way ACADE interacts with the database and i get the feeling there is something not quite right with whats going on

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: ccad2509

Oh belive me, I've experienced this the hard way 🙂

Been using AutoCAD since '88, so I'm kind of a keyboard-user when it comes to achieve stuff in AutoCAD.

However... When I started working with AcadE (version 2008) I was very frustrated for a good while. However... Just adapting to the software was the easiest way to get things done.

When doing ACADE training for customers I'm VERY clear on the do's and don'ts of AcadE. And.. If you do a Don't, you can fix it by running the aerebuilddb command (That really should be moved to the project tab by DEFAULT in AcadE ASAP!)

I've worked with several other AutoCAD based schematic softwares, and basically they all have the same problem when it comes to this. Some of them does this better than others, but they don't do it a 100% any of them. It takes a lot of programming to handle every possible way for people to do something in AutoCAD.

You CAN of course track EVERY change in the drawing, but this will most likely cause a performance hit that you just don't want....

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost