AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content for Inventor & Electrical

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
galashkina
378 Views, 2 Replies

Content for Inventor & Electrical

Two engineers working simultaneously on a project. One creates a schema in AutoCAD Electrical, another 3D model in Inventor.

The first engineer open "Catalog Browser", the second engineer open "Electrical Catalog Browser".

The first engineer found that the item incorrectly assigned Symbol3D.

In the "Catalog Browser" he corrected the file name in the « Symbol3D ».

What must be done second engineer to see the new Symbol3D file name in the "Electrical Catalog Browser"?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathalekar
in reply to: galashkina

Electrical Catalog Browser in inventor is capable of editing the catalog data (SYMBOL3D) assignments. Select the catalog data that you want to modify and use EDIT mode to edit the 3D assignment. Make sure your Inventor Electrical Catalog browser will point the same location of the default_Cat.mdb or your own catalog database.

The catalog data modification can be done in AutoCAD Electrical Catalog browser also. It is not restricted to modify SYMMBOL3D model assignment in ACE.

Message 3 of 3
galashkina
in reply to: mathalekar

I badly formulated question. In fact, I need to show sharing database AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor.

On my computer, open AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor.

In the "Catalog Browser " AutoCAD Electrical I created a new catalog number.

I turn in Inventor, but in the "Electrical Catalog Browser" I do not see a new catalog number.

If I close and then restart Inventor, you'll see a new catalog number.

I do not want to restart Inventor.

Can I update the database to see in Inventor the last changes made to the AutoCAD Electrical?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost