AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nitro
216 Views, 2 Replies

Connector Connection

I have created Symbols (IEEE 315) to show each half of my connectors with pins or sockets shown as part of the block. On my drawing I place the two halves next to each other and they work well. The problem is the wire # changes as the wire passes through the connectors. I can't seem to find a way to have the wire number stay the same. Any ideas?
Tim
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Nitro

Try using the "Check/Repair Gap Pointers" tool under the "Spool of Wire" flyout. Pick on each pair of wires. AcadE will set up a "gap pointer" across each pair and the wire number should now pass across your two separated connector symbols. The original purpose of this tool was to clean up / set up links so that a wire could have a "gap" in it to allow a crossing wire to pass untouched through the gap. But, this concept should be able to be applied to what you want to do... it's just that the "gap" is going to be a lot bigger. "Nitro" wrote in message news:16492684.1090505467146.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have created Symbols (IEEE 315) to show each half of my connectors with pins or sockets shown as part of the block. On my drawing I place the two halves next to each other and they work well. The problem is the wire # changes as the wire passes through the connectors. I can't seem to find a way to have the wire number stay the same. Any ideas? > Tim
Message 3 of 3
Nitro
in reply to: Nitro

Nate,
Thanks for the help. The technique works great. I have times where the wire number needs to change when it passes through a connector and times when it does not.
Thanks again,
Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost