AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector/Cable Interfaces questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
310 Views, 3 Replies

Connector/Cable Interfaces questions

I'm trying to figure out the best way to utilize AutoCAD Electrical and connection interfaces. The following attachment shows the type of device I typically will use on projects. The main control panel would have one, then a secondary control box would have the other side. Then use a 15 conductor D-Sub cable to connect both panels together.
In the past, the drawing would show a 'picture' style view of the device with wire numbers, description and cable #. While this method was beneficial for wiring, it would not show the whole circuit for troubleshooting purposes. I'd like to show the device in a ladder style format instead.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
quistjm
in reply to: Anonymous

Would this help?
Message 3 of 4
quistjm

Here is the layout to schematic.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks that gave me a good start. Your drawing shows Flying leads, that connect to PLC, correct?

I did a quick drawing based on what you used, but it seemed a bit tedious (showing both ends of the cable and both terminal points). Not sure if this is the best way to show it or not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost