AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection terminal Prefix

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joechrobak
336 Views, 5 Replies

Connection terminal Prefix

Is there a way when creating a custom symbol
That has 4 terminal strips on it each starting with terminal 1
to have ACE2006 prefix the terminal number with terminal strip number for the wire to from reports. I have a servo amplifier with 4 terminal strips. I want the reports to indicate
wire #234 from TB3-2 AMP1 to ....
AMP1 being the servo amp TB3 terminal 2.
I can add the TB3 to the wire connection TERM01 in blackbox builder
But I don't want it to show on the schematic insertion of the componet just in reports.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Joe
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Can you not set the attribute to invisible? It would show up in reports but not on the drawing. You can also use the show/hide attribute command, click on the geometry of an already inserted symbol, and turn off any attributes you do not want to see for that one occurrence. But if it is always to be invisible, it is best to set the attribute to be invisible. I have the opposite in some cases. My customer wants to see the brand and part number of the components next to the symbol in the schematic. I set the MFG and CAT attributes to visible and size the text to a height that can be seen.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
joechrobak
in reply to: joechrobak

I understand what you are saying about setting the attributes to invisible.
But in this situation I have 5 servo Drives that are the same
each drive has a TB1 TB2 and TB3 also 3 DB connectors
Using Black Box Builder I developed a symbol for the drive
but when using the wire connections in BBB it only reports the Term# that was assigned . With 3 different TB's all starting with terminal 1 when I run the wiring reports how can I tell which terminal 1 it is? It will say which drive but not which TB.
Does that make a little more sense?

Joe
Message 4 of 6

Name the connection point TB1:1, TB1:2, TB2:1, TB2:2, etc. This makes them all unique within the component.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 6

I will attach an example from one of my projects. The connection point attribute values are TB3:VREF, TB3:CHGND, etc. but they could be TB3:1, TB3:2, etc. and I could have a TB1:1, TB1:2, etc.

Doug McAlexander

Message 6 of 6
casey.heater
in reply to: joechrobak

Realizing entry is 8 years old, I thought I'd post anyway.  For future reference.

In order to show the connection in a From/To list and only show the terminal on the block, do the following:

1. Put the full terminal designator in each TERMXX attribute value. (i.e. TERM01 = TB1-1)
  2. Hide the TERMXX attribute.
  3. Place a X#TERMDESC## attribute at the TERMXX position.
  4. Set the value of X##TERMDESC## equal to the terminal number (no prefix). (i.e. X1TERMDESC01 = 1)
                 or
  5. Place a text string in place of the X##TERMDESC##.

Now a signal report will show "TB1-1" as the connection and the diagram will show "1" as the connection.

The down-side to item 4 is that the terminal function (description) is no longer available for use. Using item 5 will leave that available.  It will also allow generic positions applicable to each connector.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost