AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection parts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andre_lag
194 Views, 2 Replies

connection parts

Hello,

I want use in de from/to wirelist the column PD1 and PD2, that seems the translation of X?TERMDESC0?, in the lookup, I fill with textvalue this attributes with information about conn. parts like cable shoes, wire tubes, etc., but it's only possible on stand alone or parent symbols, by placing the child symbols there is no possibility to manipulate this attributes.
Is there a way to get these attribute value's from the parent to the child symbol?

any help will be grateful
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cawaugh
in reply to: andre_lag

If I understand it correctly, the parent has different pins or "X?TERMDESC0?" than the child so there would not be an automatic updating of these attributes. Even though they have the same name, they are separate from each other in the eyes of Acade and not considered part of the parent/child relationships. Maybe Pat or Nate (both Autodesk) have some input into this.
Message 3 of 3
andre_lag
in reply to: andre_lag

CAW,
thanks for your reply, you're exactly right, there is no automatic updating, even though they have the same name.

regards,
Andre

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost