AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict between LINE1/LINE2 and DESC1/DESC2 attributes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
236 Views, 1 Reply

Conflict between LINE1/LINE2 and DESC1/DESC2 attributes

(Note: this query came from outside the discussion group but I'm posting it here (along with a response) as it may be of general interest) If I have a component that has LINE1, LINE2 plus DESC1, DESC2, the LINE's attribute value is entered into the DESC's attribute when I export "TO" a spreadsheet. Is something mapped between these two? It's messing up the updating of PLC modules and other components that have both types of attributes. Let me know please, Thanks. REPLY: Yes, this is a software issue and I've logged it into the system. AcadE is not expecting to find both pairs of attributes on the same component. The LINE1/LINE2 values are overwriting the DESC1/DESC2 values in the COMP table of the project's scratch database file. The DESC1/DESC2 attributes need to have priority in this table and the LINE1/LINE2 attributes only go into these slots if the symbol does NOT have attributes DESC1/DESC2 (ex. PLC I/O symbols use the LINE1/LINE2 attributes but do not (normally!) have DESC1/DESC2 attributes as well). The only workaround for now is to rename your DESC1/DESC2 attribs or rename your LINE1/LINE2 attributes when both sets show up on the same symbol. Again, AcadE doesn't normally expect to find both sets on the same symbol.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

Good to know. thanks Nate!

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost