AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

*Nate Holt
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

Conflict between LINE1/LINE2 and DESC1/DESC2 attributes

75 Views, 1 Replies
08-14-2004 07:50 AM
(Note: this query came from outside the discussion group but I'm posting it here (along with a response) as it may be of general interest) If I have a component that has LINE1, LINE2 plus DESC1, DESC2, the LINE's attribute value is entered into the DESC's attribute when I export "TO" a spreadsheet. Is something mapped between these two? It's messing up the updating of PLC modules and other components that have both types of attributes. Let me know please, Thanks. REPLY: Yes, this is a software issue and I've logged it into the system. AcadE is not expecting to find both pairs of attributes on the same component. The LINE1/LINE2 values are overwriting the DESC1/DESC2 values in the COMP table of the project's scratch database file. The DESC1/DESC2 attributes need to have priority in this table and the LINE1/LINE2 attributes only go into these slots if the symbol does NOT have attributes DESC1/DESC2 (ex. PLC I/O symbols use the LINE1/LINE2 attributes but do not (normally!) have DESC1/DESC2 attributes as well). The only workaround for now is to rename your DESC1/DESC2 attribs or rename your LINE1/LINE2 attributes when both sets show up on the same symbol. Again, AcadE doesn't normally expect to find both sets on the same symbol.
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: Conflict between LINE1/LINE2 and DESC1/DESC2 attributes

08-15-2004 06:13 AM in reply to: *Nate Holt
Good to know. thanks Nate!

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.