AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component to Span multiple schematic pages

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shades234
417 Views, 2 Replies

Component to Span multiple schematic pages

I am wondering the best way to have a schematic component span multiple pages.  i want to make a power distribution block with 2 incoming and 12 outgoing terminals, 3 poles.  My schematic setup only has 20 lines per page.  I'm using the PDB to feed power wiring from the incoming to several smaller motor circuits.  But i want to be able to have the wire to/from report show that contactor CR1, Terminal L1 is connected to PDB1, Terminal 1a, (b and c for the other 2 poles)  and CR2 L1 connects to PDB1 Termial 2a (2b/2c).  I don't want the shop guys to daisy chain from one contact to another.

Do you guys have any ideas?  I would prefer not to do a parent/child type devices.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnq
in reply to: shades234

Hi

Some of the Alan Bradley PLC I/O cards are split multi parts.   This may give you some clues on if it is suitable or what you could impliments.

It can be dome.

Chees  John Q

Message 3 of 3
mcook4612
in reply to: shades234

I think the best way would be to use the Insert Connector tool. You can break these apart at any point and continue them on any other page.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost