AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Tag Help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
malisar01
504 Views, 6 Replies

Component Tag Help

Hello all,

I am working on a project for work I have finished the print set for the client. However they have changed the naming convention they want for the comonents.  Example:  I have CR001  the client now wants  001CR, is there a way to change the component tags without going through the print set and editing each component ?  Thanks for your help. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sonny3g
in reply to: malisar01

Yes, export the project to a spreadsheet.  Change the tags there and then re-import the spreadsheet into the project.  If you are not familiar with exporting to a spreadsheet and re-importing, I suggest you take a couple of minutes to read up on it in the AutoCAD help.

Good luck.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 7
drathak

@malisar01 wrote:

Hello all,

I am working on a project for work I have finished the print set for the client. However they have changed the naming convention they want for the comonents.  Example:  I have CR001  the client now wants  001CR, is there a way to change the component tags without going through the print set and editing each component ?  Thanks for your help. 

Easy,  Change your project settings from %F%N to %N%F and do a project wide retag.

That is presuming you used automatic tagging.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 7
dougmcalexander

Drathak has instructed you wisely. After you change the project settings to %N%F, you will need to select all drawings using shift or CTRL and apply project defaults to these drawings. To do this, select the drawings, right-click over any one of the selected drawings, select Properties> Apply Project Defaults.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 7
drathak
in reply to: dougmcalexander

@dougmcalexander wrote:
Drathak has instructed you wisely. After you change the project settings to %N%F, you will need to select all drawings using shift or CTRL and apply project defaults to these drawings. To do this, select the drawings, right-click over any one of the selected drawings, select Properties> Apply Project Defaults.

Ack!  Forgot that step.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander

Been there and done that Drathak. Sometimes it takes more than one set of eyes.  I appreciate you covering my back.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
malisar01

Thank you for the help, as I didn't use auto tagging ( customer defined tags) I used sonny3g solution. Thanks again for all the help. You all have helped to get this project completed on time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost