AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Tag - Formatting Leading "0"s

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sdomke
899 Views, 1 Reply

Component Tag - Formatting Leading "0"s

I would like to format the %N variable of the Component Tag Format string to be at least two characters, placing a leading “0” in the event the %N value is a single digit.

The Component Tag Format set to “%F%S%N”

The problem I am trying to solve is best explained by this example:

A circuit breaker is placed on sheet 1, line 11. The resulting Component Tag is:

CB111

In a different project, a circuit breaker is placed on sheet 11, line 1. The resulting Component Tag is:

CB111

The result I am looking for is:

CB111 for sheet 1, line 11

CB1101 for sheet 1, line 1

If formatting the %N value is not possible, can anyone make recommendations for how to format the Component Tag to make it clear what sheet and what line number (or sequence) the device can be found in the print set?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jared.bunch
in reply to: sdomke

Hello sdomke

The %N is used as the variable when both sequential and reference based tagging are used.  If you are using sequential tagging, then you will need to make the starting number "01" rather than the default "1".  If you are using reference based tagging (with Ladders), then when you insert the first ladder you will want to make the starting number "01" rather than the 1.  There are also tools to renumber the ladder referencses if needed as well...

DrawingSettings.png

LadderStartingNumber.png

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any more questions!

Jared Bunch
Principal Experience Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost