AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Report formatting

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Tim_L
173 Views, 0 Replies

Component Report formatting

Hi There,

I would like to customize a Schematic Report>Components. So far I have defined the fields to be:

SH (sheet number)
REF (rung reference)
TAG (component tag)
DESC1 (device/reference arrow description.

I am trying to define it as:

SH (sheet number)
REF (rung reference)
WIRENO (wire number at rung reference)
TAG (component tag)
DESC1 (device/reference arrow description.

The REF is not selectable in the Sort field of the report but I can live with that. I save the report as an Excel spread sheet where I can sort it, then simple copy/paste onto my I/O listing drawing. So far this seems to work well enough.

I would also like to include the wire number but I am doing something wrong. I add the WIRENO field to the Components Report just as I did the SH and REF field. The header for the WIRENO field appears in the report but the column does not have any data. I know the data is available because when I export the project to a spreadsheet I see a SIG tab that has a WIRENO column with the data I want in the Components Report.

This feature would be very helpful where my drawing shows a single component with multiple wires. I have arranged the drawing so there is a single wire and single reference arrow per rung reference. The goal is to show sheet/rung location, then the wire number(s) at that location no mater what they are connected to i.e. device or reference arrow, then show the description of a device and/or reference arrow.

What am I doing wrong with the WIRENO reference?

Of course this is leading to the next big thing, how to get the SIGCODE into my I/O listing or my Device Quick Reference list. All the info is in the exported spreadsheet, I just need to learn how to manipulate it.

The attached file is my custom components form configuration.

Thank you
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost