AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Descriptions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ShaneDCS
208 Views, 5 Replies

Component Descriptions

I am having trouble creating a BOM list for my panel drawing. I have inserted the components from my wiring diagrams and when I go and make the BOM list the descriptions do not show up. But if I go in and edit the BOM data on the panel drawing and assign the component to the exact same part from the catalog then the description show up.

Please help! I have a huge panel drawing that I need to build a BOM list for and I have no descriptions.

Shane
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MReed
in reply to: ShaneDCS

You may try setting up your BOM options and include the field for descriptions
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Shane, not sure if this is the problem but the catalog information must be stored on the panel component for the Panel Bill of Materials report. If it isn't you can transfer the catalog information from the schematic component to its matching panel component using the Child Location/Description Update under the Components -> Cross-Reference menu. Make sure you check the Manufacturer/Catalog option. This can be used drawing wide by selecting all the components on the drawing. This will look through the project for all related components, including panel components, and update the catalog information. Select the Now update and it will open the related panel drawing(s) to update. If this wasn't the problem and you still need help, let me know and I will look further. Pat Murnen Autodesk "ShaneDCS" wrote in message news:28006804.1102610032907.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I am having trouble creating a BOM list for my panel drawing. I have >inserted the components from my wiring diagrams and when I go and make the >BOM list the descriptions do not show up. But if I go in and edit the BOM >data on the panel drawing and assign the component to the exact same part >from the catalog then the description show up. > > Please help! I have a huge panel drawing that I need to build a BOM list > for and I have no descriptions. > > Shane
Message 4 of 6
ShaneDCS

Pat,
Sorry it has taken awhile to get back with you. I do already have the catalog information stored in the panel component. However, the description is missing, i.e. when I do a quick BOM chk the description is gone. Any ideas on why this would happen? It is like the information is not stored in the correct database?

Thanks in advance.
Shane
Message 5 of 6
MartinLee

Shane,

This may or may not be your problem, but I know that if any of the information regarding the catalog number or type has changed, the description text doesn't show. Reselecting the catalog number might resolve your problem. For example, if you have added a sub-assembly after a part number was assigned to a device, the description information will not show up because ACE sees this as a different part number.

Martin
Message 6 of 6
penmouse26

I have seen this problem. You may want to check your Project//Misc settings/CATALOG LOOKUP File preference,
and set use MISC_CAT table only if component specific table does not exist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost