AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Componant referencing for reports

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sniktun
347 Views, 3 Replies

Componant referencing for reports

Ok for some reason when i run a report on my project and export it to a spreadsheet, the referencing for a componants only has the location on a drawing and not the actual drawing number.

so say for a componant on page 5 in section 2B it should say 5.2B but instead it just has 2B. I know that %S is page number but i dont know where to edit this so it comes out in the report. Any ideas?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: sniktun

%S is actually the SHEET number. %D is the drawing number. These are set in the Drawing Settings tab of the Drawing Properties dialog.

Look at the bottom quater of the dialog and there should be a section titled Sheet Values. Fill in the Sheet and Drawing values here.

Note that you must have these mapped to attributes in your title block to have the sheet and drawing numbers updated automatically.

With the sheet number ACADE can automatically renumber them using the Project Wide Update/Retag tool. This updates the value in the Sheet box and then you just run the Title block update to transfer this to the dwgs if required.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
sniktun
in reply to: Icemanau

What is the difference between sheet number and drawing number? i currently have my title block attributes setup so that it says sheet number of the total number of sheets, this updates atuomatically when i do a title block update.

Not only that but even when i insert a a child componant on another page it references correctly back to the parent.

The only problem i seem to be having with referencing is when i run a schematic report, where underneath the 'REF' collum for my componants it only has the X-Y refrence and not the page reference.

Are you saying i have to use the drawing number rather than the sheet number?

I have attached a screen shot of my problem, with red circles around the key areas, i loaded out the panel report into an Exel spreadsheet and you can see my Problem under REF. 

Message 4 of 4
sniktun
in reply to: sniktun

nope figured it out.

when you open up the report, as one of the collums to select is a "SH" option reffering to the sheet number. it's really small thats why i missed it. so the reference and sheet number are seperate collums

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost