AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Patrick.Lee
Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)

Complexed component with Several Instances

227 Views, 3 Replies
10-07-2012 07:54 AM

Hi,

I am wondering how to create a complex component (Control module) in Electrical that i can represent in multiple sheets that share the same TAG name and cross reference each other. Similar to a parent child setup but with all the symbols being parents ?

Any help would be appreciated !!

Distinguished Contributor
CAD-ICE
Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)

Re: Complexed component with Several Instances

10-07-2012 05:32 PM in reply to: Patrick.Lee

Hi there,

check out this site www.ecadconsutant.com where Doug Mcalexander explains in one of his videos how to represent the same device...using the wdtagalt attribute.

Good luck! Gary

Patrick.Lee
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

10-09-2012 01:29 PM in reply to: Patrick.Lee

Hi,

Thanks that is a good website !! What it was is our company uses several instances of the same components and I wanted a way of cross referencing them with a cordinate system as thats what they currently use. I managed to figure out that you can force generic components to share the same TAG name. After this i went into page properties and set up an X-Y grid and to make it visible in the active border i had to type in 'AEXYGRID' and tick box to make the grid lables visible. So now i have multiple components between mutliple sheets that are cross referenced !!

Thanks !!

Distinguished Contributor
CAD-ICE
Message 4 of 4 (179 Views)

10-09-2012 05:07 PM in reply to: Patrick.Lee

Glad I could help you into the right direction :smileyhappy:

Regards, Gary

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.