AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

column numbers per sheet for a 3-column sheet?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cawaugh
337 Views, 2 Replies

column numbers per sheet for a 3-column sheet?

I remember a formula had existed to give you the correct column numbers for any sheet starting from a base sheet.

For example, if sheet 100 had columns 1 , 2, 3 then sheet 109 would have columns 28, 29 ,30 and Sheet 115 would have columns 46, 47, 48.

Anyone remember this formula?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: cawaugh

Is this an AutoCAD Electrical question?  I've been using Electrical since it was sold by CimLogic as Toolbox/WD "Wiring Diagram" and I've never heard of this formula.  I'm not sure where I would use it.  For ladder diagrams I use line references, such as 601 for sheet 6 line 01.  For IEC designs I use numbers 1 through 8 across the top of the page left to right and my tags are based on sheet number (%S) and the zone or column number (%N). 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
cawaugh
in reply to: cawaugh

Not all clients use the sheet-line reference. many use a column header then the line number.

It is easy to set up Electrical to whatever but I was looking for the formula to assist drafters in laying out sheets and columns before hand to help in the design. It has been my experience that more often than not someone with decide to start columns 46, 47and 48, for example, on sheet 25 instead of sheet 15 where it should be, per this formula I am talking about. Just upfront prep work to give an idea of the layout instead of taking up a lot of paperspace in a document showing each sheet and columns. Thanks for responding. At least someone thought about my question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost