AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing Wire Numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chubby-1
145 Views, 3 Replies

changing Wire Numbers

when I insert a connection which is supposed to allow for wire number changes (6TB9) (reference line 2) when I go into edit the wire number on the left hand segment why does it NOT allow me to enter a new wire number, instead it defaults to "Fixing" the wire number on the right side segment?

am I missing something?

Thanks
Marty
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
slrici
in reply to: chubby-1

If i understand what you are trying to do I think you may find that if you tried it on the next rung down where there is a component it would work.

If you are trying to place a terminal between the hot and common bus and run a wire from each to the same terminal that would be a short, and ACADE will not allow that unless you fix the wire number.

Not sure if that helps.
Message 3 of 4
chubby-1

actually....what I am attempting to do is run a 24VDC wire into an upper connection of a terminal block, and run the 24V COM into a lower connection of the same terminal block. Think maybe I am getting into the "multi-level" terminal block issue.

I was under the impression I could do this, by inserting a terminal block and having the wires come in at different connection points on that terminal block. Do not think that is the case.

Thanks for the reply
Marty
Message 4 of 4
slrici

I am not aware whether that can be done. I think I would try placing two Terms close together to depict that. Then the wires would be kept seperate.

However, I see that if you pick the Terminal like "Square with wire number change" and draw one wire through it horizontally and one through it vertically - a totoal of 4 wires - and then let AE number them, they are 4 different wire numbers. Maybe that is what you want, I am not sure.

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost