AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the tag format for parametric PLC components

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
CAD-ICE
1949 Views, 9 Replies

Changing the tag format for parametric PLC components

Hi there,

is there a way to change the tag format naming convention for plc parametric symbols. In the drawing properties I have defined that the tag format follows %A%F%S%N but when inserting the first part of the module it inherits the TAG = PLC11 where I assume that the 11 comes from the sheet no. and line reference. I would instead like to define that the module would get the following tag name 10D11 where 10=SEC, D=Family and 11=sheet no. and line reference.

Any ideas appreciated please.

Thank´s, Gary

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hello again,

since I havent got any responce on this post yet I thougt I´d try to explain a little better what I´m aiming after.

As shown on the attached image, I have defined under drawing properties that the component tag format shall follow the definition of %A%F%S%N (Section, family, sheetno. and line reference). However when inserting PLC units, ACADE seems to default the tag format for the plc input module to PLC1 which is probably the family and line reference (see attached image). My question is "Can I alter the default tag format for PLC units such that when inserting the input module it is automatically tagged in the following way:

Example: -10D311 where 10=Section, D=Family, 31=Sheet no and finally 1=line reference"

THL. Gary

Message 3 of 10
testsubject

Gary,

I am sorry that one of us did not get back to you sooner. The parametric PLC is a little different from the "normal" component insert. In the PLC IO database, you can set up the tag to appear different from the the project settings. The PLC Database settings will override the project settings. If you want to have your PLC IO with a specific tag applied, you need to go into the PLC Database Editor and alter the tags for the various PLC IO that you will be using. Then it will conform to what you want.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: testsubject

Hello Bob and thank´s for pointing me into the right direction, I see know how this is setup Smiley Wink

I have another question for you if have the answer on hand I would really appreciate you help.

I´m trying to setup ACADE on a shared network and I have some problems with the Icon menu file that looks strange.

I have moved the icon menu file to a shared directory on the network and changed in project properties the network path but still I get some strange results as shown in the attached image.

Thanks again for your support,

Regards, Gary

Message 5 of 10
testsubject

You are missing the slide files (these files are where ithe images come from).

You need to copy these (*.slb) files from

if using XP   C:\Documents and Settings\{Your User Name}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 20##\R1#.1\enu\Support

if using Vista+  C:\Users\{Your User Name}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 20##\R1#.1\enu\Support

to the same folder on the network that you copied the *.dat files. I would also recommend adding an Images folder to the same folder for holding all the new Icon (png) files that will be created when you make your own symbols for the menus.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 10
CAD-ICE

Thank´s again Bob for your valued support and guidance. I moved the files as you suggested and everything is up and running Smiley Happy

Regards, Gary

Message 7 of 10
sniktun

Have you had any problems with this method? i have created my PLC in the database file editor. i am using a 'Module Info Terminal Point Wire Left' point for my plc information. Then in tag i change the current text (which is PLC%N) to an A and put the PLC onto the page. this is fine and it says A as the tag.

However then when i do a project update it goes back to PLC%N again and i have tried editing it in every way i could think of. have you guys got any ideas?

Message 8 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: sniktun

Hi.

What version of AutoCAD Electrical are you using?

I just tried in AcadE 2014, and the retag worked like expected.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 9 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: sniktun

If I remember correctly I ended up by fixing the tagname for the parent (first module) the children are linked to the parent such that if I changed the tag on the first module others are updated automatically. Tagging of PLC component seems like it doesn´t follow the tagformat setup so that´s why I just did this manually.

Regards, Gary

Message 10 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Rhesusminus,

I´m working with ACADE 2013. I had a problem with 2014 after installing it so I reverted back to good old 2013. The problem is related to our install deployment and I haven´t had the time to fix that yet. Time flyes and soon were looking at the 2015 version! 

One other thing, did you see my post from yesterday regarding wirenumbers...I´d appreciate if you could comment on that Smiley Happy

Thank´s again and regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost