AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing text size not found in project wide utilities

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
streetglidewi
716 Views, 2 Replies

changing text size not found in project wide utilities

I want to be able to change text height and width for symbol attributes not part of the project wide utilities, such as CAT or FAMILY. Does anyone know how to write a script for this, or does it need to be a lisp file?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can write a script that calls the AEATTSIZE command and executes it against each attribute.  You will also need to change the visibility status for the attributes, if you wish to see their value displayed on the drawing, which I assume you want,  You can call this script from Project-wide utilities so it can be executed against all drawings.

But bear in mind that the default size of these attributes is 0.01 and invisible is set to Yes.  If you change the size you will still need to reposition the attributes so they are not overlaying one another or the symbol graphics.

It the end you may be better off modifying the symbol blocks and using the Update Block utility to switch them out.  Note that you will have to do this once for each symbol but it will swap all occurrence of the symbol, project-wide.  After that it's smooth sailing because your library symbols will have the attribute height preset.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3

I am having problems writing the script. I tried several different ways to write the script (which I have never done before), and had no luck. Any help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost