AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing attribute values

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wszczep
394 Views, 1 Reply

changing attribute values

Good afternoon!

I am working on speeding up editing attributes on communication network drawings.  What we have is a number of Allen Bradley VFD's connected  to an eithernet switch along with other eithernet devices.  We display the IP Address for each device on the layout. After the first IP address is entered, the remainder are usually the same for the first 3 sections and increments by a value of 1 for each subsequent device.  I've tried to break the IP address as 4 seperate attributes or 4 seperate fields in the symbol builder, but i am struggling with how to set the block up correctly. 

How can I setup the attributes in the blocks as fields so an autolisp program can configure the IP address for each device? 

How do i get autocad to identify each individual device even if the same symbol and select the next device in order and update the last part of the address?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wszczep
in reply to: wszczep

Just for clarification purposes-

I have a symbol for VFD Drives on the schematics that has the normal attributes assosiated with it and I have the foot print symbol for the panel layout.

What I am trying to do is create a simple block that can use the Catalog lookup portion, select the tag (assigned as the same tag as the Schematic symbol) and prompt for the IP Address on a seperate sheet,   The attribute for the IP Address should be made up of a subsection for each portion of the address.  Once I have all of the devices on this network layout, I what to run a lisp to set the 1st 3 sections of the IP Adress the same for each device and take the last section of the address from the first device in the string, and update it on the next device by a selected value. 

I took the existing Footprint block and updateded it in the library as a new schematic bloc renaming it to the standard "HDR_" to denote a horizontal parent block.  I added a attribute "IPADDR"  It is this attribute I an having trouble with.  I've tried setting it up as both a single attribute, seperate attibutes, multiline attribute, and as single or multiline attributes with field without sucess.

Anyone have any sugesstions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost